BBO Discussion Forums: Adjustment questions V - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adjustment questions V

#1 User is offline   xx1943 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 2004-March-11

  Posted 2004-June-16, 00:49

PAIRS MP 4 rounds 3 boards/per round 6min/per board
All this was announced and explained to all players before tourney starts.

I was called to this table in time by N/S because W had very bad connection.

I was called by N/S after the round to adjust the following board.

Scoring: MP



W.....N.....E.....S
-......-......-......p
p.....1♦...2♣...2♥
p....3♥...4♠....p
p.....p

South leads A of ♥ and then was timeout.

Adjust is not so simple as it seems at first blush: 4♠ -1 after this excellent lead by South is sure. But if E plays on Clubs instead of drawing Spades he'll be -2.
This is not reasonable but always possible.

The issue would be even more complicated, if the timeout were before S could lead. Against ♦ lead 4 Spades is made +1.
The cause for being slow were clearly E/W.
How to do justice to N/S?

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions

Al
♥♥♥ Play Bridge for fun and entertainment and to meet nice people. ♥♥♥
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.

Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
0

#2 User is offline   mink 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 668
  • Joined: 2003-February-19
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany

Posted 2004-June-16, 03:18

Hi Al,

there is another possibility to get it 2 down: ♥A won, ♥ ruffed, ♠ won with A, ♥ ruffed, second ♣ trick ruffed. I now declarer ruffs the last ♥ and North refuses to ruff 2 ♣ tricks now, in trick 10 ♣ can be ruffed by South, overruffed by West and again overruffed by North. Dummy wins ♦A then, but declarer has to concede one of the last 2 tricks to North. Found out and proved with help of Deep Finesse. This is not unlikely to happen. So I would adjust to -2 if I was able to see this line of play in time.

I would not consider that East plays his clubs before drawing trump.

Karl
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users