BBO Discussion Forums: Adjustment questions III - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adjustment questions III

Poll: What do you adjust? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you adjust?

  1. 3NN= (6 votes [100.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 100.00%

  2. 3NN+1 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. other (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   xx1943 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 2004-March-11

  Posted 2004-June-15, 15:45

The following hand was played 4.25 tricks. East called me to adjust. He wanted to adjust to 3NT-1.

Scoring: IMP



W....N....E....S
.............p....1♥
1♠..1N..p....3♣
3♦..3N..p....p
p

East leads ♦4

1. ♦4 ♣3 ♦A 3 won by W
2. ♦K 5 6 ♣5 won by W
3. ♦2 9 Q ♣6 won by E
4. ♦8 ♣8 ♦7 :) 10 won by N
5. ♥Q


Only 4.25 tricks are played, but 9 tricks are sure, maybe 10 if East feels squeezed and North guesses the situation rite.

My decision: 3NT made.

I would like to hear the opinions of our experts.

Thanks all.

Al
♥♥♥ Play Bridge for fun and entertainment and to meet nice people. ♥♥♥
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.

Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
0

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,566
  • Joined: 2003-February-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amelia Island, FL
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-June-15, 16:56

First, if possible, i would issue a friviolous director call to EAST. On what is his basing his call to you? Sure his partner played horrid, but that is bridge. Second, I would rule making 3NT, at imps it matters not much.

This is a silly call and a silly request for a ruling.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   mink 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 668
  • Joined: 2003-February-19
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany

Posted 2004-June-15, 18:10

It is always ok with me if somebody request to adjust an unfinished board. I do not pay much attention to what score is requested, as I always look at the movie and decide on my own (sometimes wrong and players correct me then - sometimes right but still players try to correct me :). I would think here that the request to adjust to -1 simply was an error by the requester.

Deep Finesse says that there are only 9 tricks available. However, discarding is a bit tricky for E/W. Therefore I would adjust in favor of the fast players, if I have time to find out who was fast and who was slow. If I cannot, I shall stick to 9 tricks.

Karl

not an expert - sorry
0

#4 User is offline   xx1943 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 2004-March-11

Posted 2004-June-16, 00:03

inquiry, on Jun 15 2004, 05:56 PM, said:

Second, I would rule making 3NT, at imps it matters not much.

Sorry my mistake it was MP-scoring. :rolleyes:

Al
♥♥♥ Play Bridge for fun and entertainment and to meet nice people. ♥♥♥
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.

Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users