Posted 2004-June-13, 03:21
Bridge is a partnership game. If your partner loses connection, you may be faultless but your partnership has to take the lumps that come to it. If you play online bridge with a partner who loses connection often, you incur the risks of doing so. It's no different than eating separately between sessions. If your partner is late coming back, you both are going to be penalized even though you got back on time.
If I read what is happening here correctly, N-S have a laydown slam but haven't bid it yet when the sub parade starts. There's just no way I can see to assume a slam is bid and made when it hasn't even been bid yet. If it is such an easy slam to bid, AVG- will not be more than 15% away from the score they would have gotten for bidding it.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO Greaten AP-500 Pro virtuoso-in-training