Caught in the headlights Tricky judgement
#4
Posted 2026-October-06, 10:22
Bridge should be fun!
#5
Posted 2026-October-06, 10:30
#6
Posted 2026-October-06, 14:02
#9
Posted 2026-October-06, 20:33
mw64ahw, on 2026-October-06, 14:02, said:
North shows some life improvising with 3♦
If you opened 1♥ applying 'unusual vs. unuual ' defence'
And both Majors 'Ekren' style
Helness-Helgemo are credited with the 3♦ bid in the original Ekren.
#10
Posted 2026-October-07, 03:12
pescetom, on 2026-October-06, 10:30, said:
I would rather get in early, and out early.
These distributional hands suggest I could be coming in at the 5 level when it comes back to me after an initial pass.
Bridge should be fun!
#11
Posted 2026-October-07, 09:50
jillybean, on 2026-October-07, 03:12, said:
These distributional hands suggest I could be coming in at the 5 level when it comes back to me after an initial pass.
If you come in early you will not mention the 2 suiter unless you have a weak majors call availble (which is btw more often 54 than 75). Opening 1H with literally negative defense is calling for disaster. Partner will keep Xing their 5 or 6 minor bids, that will duly make.
As for the bidding as E, some number of C are called for, probably 5 as I do notI want to defend 4M (we are probably making 1S and 2D max, à C would be a bit lucky) and it rates to be cheap. But I would prefer a sg somewhere.
#14
Posted 2026-October-07, 18:26
And another not so anonymous vote for pass, second choice 4♥ (MP)
By the way - What the heck is the scoring? I'd only open 1♥ at MP
Bridge should be fun!
#18
Posted 2026-October-08, 00:32
jillybean, on 2026-October-07, 18:26, said:
And another not so anonymous vote for pass, second choice 4♥ (MP)
By the way - What the heck is the scoring? I'd only open 1♥ at MP
Not sure how I'd bid this one as West with a 2155.
Possibly X correcting ♠ or 3♥ if that's both minors? I think 3♣ may have been most likely at tables where 2♥ was opened. With a regular partner I would now X with a non-♥ bid being max.
I have been in the situation with a pick-up partner where I got a 2N overcall and raised to 3N failing to understand that it was meant to be an Unusual 2N rather than 15~18
4♥ was what I received as partner and after some thought passed to play.
If it had been a 3♥ bid I would have raised to 4♥
#19
Posted 2026-October-08, 16:28
Thanks for posting 🤠

Help
