Posted 2026-September-28, 01:10
Hi,
in a standard framework, the auction up to 3S is ok.
I prefer, that 2D is a pos. relay and 2H says I am death, ...,
leaving the rest of the bids free to show whatever you want,
things that never come up, ...,
As it is, the 6C jump killed the auction, 4C should set the suit,
asking for control bidding, 4S should then show a control.
I am still not sure, that you can count 13 tricks.
North is doing the KC ask, he will see, that the King of spades is
on board, also likely finding out, that the King of diamond is missing.
There is also the ob. q., how you reach dummy, i.e. settling for 6C
sounds reasonable. Although the auction is a bit questionable.
Even with the slower route, South never showed 3 card support.
Obviously you could argue, that South should raise 3C to 4C, but
than how do you play 3NT, when this is the spot you want to be, and
South has a 6 carder.
With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)