BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1073 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#21441 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted Yesterday, 17:23

View Postjohnu, on 2024-April-26, 15:56, said:

The problem is that right fringe media has been pounding away at the false narrative that the economy was better under Trump than under Biden. There were even some that were actually asking the question, "are you better off now than 4 years ago under Trump". Really? they want to go there? Mortuaries were overflowing with Covid victims, unemployment was headed towards Great Depression levels, hundreds of thousands of businesses were about to go out of business, and millions more were barely hanging on, lines at food banks were a mile long, the global economy would nearly shut down, countries closed their borders.

I recall getting a bum gun for my bathroom because there was no toilet paper to be had for months
Alderaan delenda est

#21442 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted Yesterday, 17:59

Ever notice the correlation of LoL or some variation of it with the inability to produce a reasoned and reasonable response?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#21443 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 20:35

View Posthrothgar, on 2024-April-26, 17:22, said:

> (a) Why does the US$ need to remain the world's reserve currency? Is it your nation's god given right?

So, you concede my basic point then...

You asked for examples of how Russia was acting against US National interests.
I replied. Now you're trying to switch the topic

LOL to your silliness (and belief that you normally debate respectfully)

1. The US economy is around 14x to 17x the size of the Russian one. The idea that Russia can do things in the financial markets that will actually cause the US$ to no longer be reserve currency is laughable.
2. There may be a few other countries that are more capable and appear more interested in doing this to the US$. Including one that is a glaringly obvious one. Yet you could only think of Russia because your media taught you that Russia is the biggest enemy.

Finally, as with your previous post, you presume something inside my argument / post that is neither stated nor logically follows. You do that because you cannot think in a logical manner, more a petulant schoolboy manner. Not just today, often!! What an abysmal failure of logic on show by you --- pathetic.

View Posthrothgar, on 2024-April-26, 17:22, said:

> Is thrashing every person who expresses a contrarian view a requirement?

Absolutely not. There's plenty of people that I can respectfully disagree with
You, you're SPECIAL

In the short bus sort of way...

You are the only one who starts using abusive or sweary language every time your feelings get hurt (OR as the Americans call it "triggered"). You do it not only to me, but to numerous others who post here. "Respectfully disagree" may all those arguments where you do not feel the need to swear.

1. "it's enough that the Russian regime is full of genocidal monsters who indiscriminately murder their neighbors".

2. since you ask, conspiring to get Trump elected during the 2016 election...That was existential...

3. The concerted influence campaigns to promote insane wedge issues on various social networks...That's sure bad. (Promoting anti vaxxer's for example ...)

1. (a) This is your personal belief and assessment. It is not an argument that stands by itself, and (b) The USA is friends with numerous genocidal monster regimes. The Houthi war (e.g.) created a terrible famine etc. So puhhhhlease, don't get on your high horse to pontificate on morality.

2. LOL. That's sufficient. But let me add 2 points
(a) Did you perchance read about Ukraine doing election interference into the US elections? Or is that exempt because they favoured the "good guys"?
(b) Did you ever hear about your noble administration do election interference into numerous nations in the past decades, incl. in current one (we are talking about maybe 25+ nations)
FYI, neither Russia's interference nor that of any other nation has ever been proven to have made even a slight impact on US election outcomes. Please research a little before you spit out your indoctrination talking points.

3. "Anti vaxxer" was a Russian promoted influence campaign? OH NO! I am aghast (at the stupidity of such an assertion).

#21444 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted Today, 07:47

View Postshyams, on 2024-April-26, 20:35, said:

LOL to your silliness (and belief that you normally debate respectfully)

I'm not following you down your inane little rabbit hole

You posted a bunch of ignorant claims
I pointed this out. Now you're trying to change the subject.

This is part of why I hold you in such deep contempt.

But, once again, for the record, I'm not interested in debate odr discussion with you.

When there is an easy opportunity to point out that your claims are full of *****, I'll take it.
And I'll throw in some insults as well.,

Because you don't deserve anything better, and probably deserve far far worse.
Alderaan delenda est

#21445 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 09:21

Poor comprehension?

Or perhaps inability to focus on my points due to hurt feelings?

Like: (a) US economy is so much bigger than Russia's etc. but you couldn't comprehend it; like (b) labelling a nation exactly the way your media tells you to because you can only recall their superficial headlines.

Feeble, inane, mediocre. Your strategy seems to be the equivalent of shouting in order to win. When it fails, you shout a bit louder, and resort to basal language.

If I were to guess, I'd say "hurt feelings" is what comes across most in your feeble ramblings.

• 1073 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

49 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook