BBO Discussion Forums: Looking for acbl tournament partner, Baltimore area - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for acbl tournament partner, Baltimore area

#1 User is offline   hautbois 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 74
  • Joined: 2005-November-01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland, USA

Posted 2013-June-23, 15:25

I'm coming back from a bridge hiatus and my previous regular partners have either hung up their cards or are booked so I am looking to find and establish new partnerships.

I'm 37, just over 600 masterpoints, half-dozen unused blue and red ribbon qualifiers from regional events. My best NABC placings were 2nd in GNT Flight C and 17th in an open swiss. I generally play 2/1, but have played forcing club systems and am willing to do the work and study to learn any system.

Housebroken. Remains tranquil in 3-1 trump fits, but still gets upset when crashing partner's honors.

We can play online or in person, see if we click.
0

#2 User is offline   chasetb 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 879
  • Joined: 2009-December-20
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Podunk, backwater USA

Posted 2013-June-23, 16:47

Hello, it sounds like you and I should play at least once online. I live near Pittsburgh, have ~200 masterpoints, have won NAP Flight C, and tend to play Precision, though I can play 2/1 with some work put into the system. My biggest pet peeve is having to play a Weak 2♦ opener, I never get good results using it. I've never been in a 3-1 or worse fit, but I have played 4-2, 5-1, and 6-0 fits. I'll be online for sure the next 4 days, message me and we'll go from there.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold
0

#3 User is offline   hautbois 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 74
  • Joined: 2005-November-01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland, USA

Posted 2013-July-08, 00:22

I added chasetb to my friends list and sent in game mail to that name, but don't appear to have luck connecting. Is your in game handle the same as on the forums?
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users