Unfortunately I'm working pretty long hours and am way behind on my RSS feed from this site and have just got to the end of January. I don't read them all in detail but certainly a lot of them especially in A/E which I find very informative.
Anyway, I thought I would share there tip which I read somewhere but sadly didn't bookmark it and now can't find the thread. I think it was from S2000 but if it wasn't a nod and tip of the hat and please own up, preferably with a link so we can enjoy the post again.
The discussion was about playing certain card combinations as declarer and discussed something like this situation:
KTxx
AJ98x
Leaving aside we all know the rule [in the absence of any other information*] 9 ever, 8 never, in this situation it was suggested that leading the J has an extra way to win when LHO holds the Q and is someone who religiously covers an honour with an honour.
I can confirm that this works both against humans and against GIB.
Happy hunting,
Regards,
Simon
PS * The bit that is rarely mentioned
PPS Bonus tip from mikeh and one I need to suggest tactfully to a regular partner - never accept your own invitation
Page 1 of 1
Tip if the month - January
#2
Posted 2012-February-09, 01:24
FYP
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
Bridge should be fun!
Bridge should be fun!
Page 1 of 1

Help

