Page 1 of 1
ATB
#1
Posted 2011-December-05, 23:15
IMPs, all white
"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar
#2
Posted 2011-December-06, 01:14
North didn't raise hearts with a fit at his first opportunity.
South doubled 4♠ with no sure tricks in a very soft 9 count.
I guess you should blame those two. About 100% each more if its possible.
South doubled 4♠ with no sure tricks in a very soft 9 count.
I guess you should blame those two. About 100% each more if its possible.
Wayne Burrows
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#3
Posted 2011-December-06, 05:15
Cascade, on 2011-December-06, 01:14, said:
North didn't raise hearts with a fit at his first opportunity.
South doubled 4♠ with no sure tricks in a very soft 9 count.
I guess you should blame those two. About 100% each more if its possible.
South doubled 4♠ with no sure tricks in a very soft 9 count.
I guess you should blame those two. About 100% each more if its possible.
This is about right, 4♣ rather than 3♣ first time if it shows this type of hand, if so then it's 150%/100%.
#4
Posted 2011-December-06, 05:24
Why N felt his need to repeat C rather than raise H is poor. On the given bidding S was silly to not bid 5C imho, dble is simply off the walls.
#6
Posted 2011-December-06, 11:00
Thanks for the responses. I was S and thought N rated to be 3=2=2=6 and I wanted to protect pard's theoretical ♠Q. I also believed the opponents when they told me they didn't think they could make game (when E passed at his 2nd turn, and yes, there's always the risk that I'm the dog they're walking.) Of course, had partner raised ♥ immediately I would have gladly bid 5/4 but doing it here seems as unilateral as doubling was, imo.
"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar
#7
Posted 2011-December-06, 11:49
While I am no fan of the double of 4♠, North's bidding was abominable. Opposite Axx KQJxx xxx xx there is some play for slam in hearts, and it is not clear that you are beating 4♠.
4♦ is not an unreasonable call over partner's 2♥, but raising hearts is absolutely clear. And defending 4♠x is not in the picture.
4♦ is not an unreasonable call over partner's 2♥, but raising hearts is absolutely clear. And defending 4♠x is not in the picture.
#8
Posted 2011-December-06, 12:34
South made the fatal call. Even opposite ♥ Ax and a running club suit, you gotta break convention and bid either 5♣ or 5♥. The club queen is the key.
Page 1 of 1

Help
