Pay up, Charles Anderson Worsley Anderson-Pelham
#1
Posted 2011-December-04, 09:37
My link
Unless you play a lot, and stick with it a long time, you might never see a hand with no card higher than a seven, which occurs about four times out of a million.
#2
Posted 2011-December-04, 10:16
Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"
#3
Posted 2011-December-04, 10:32
AKQ
AQ
AKJ
AKQJ9
Lowest spot a 9 is the reverse to highest a 7.
Sadly for the holder we weren´t playing bridge but "Barbu", dealer asked for no tricks, the other players all doubled obviously, and he claimed at trick 4.
#4
Posted 2011-December-04, 17:00
753 53 6543 6542
in a Swiss match this year. I took a photo of the hand and it's on my cell phone. Pip count is 58. Seems really difficult to get less than 50.
#5
Posted 2011-December-06, 15:10
742 654 6532 432
Fifty-three pips, if I added correctly. If you subtract a point for flat distribution your point count goes negative and you enter the Twilight Zone. BTW, she had a top board with that sorry collection, so you should never get disgusted with the cards you're dealt.
#6
Posted 2011-December-06, 15:43
♠ 5 3 2
♥ 7 6 5 4 3
♦ 7 2
♣ 7 6 5
Sum = 62.
"If you're driving [the Honda S2000] with the top up, the storm outside had better have a name."
Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.
#7
Posted 2011-December-07, 15:41
Fluffy, on 2011-December-04, 10:32, said:
AKQ
AQ
AKJ
AKQJ9
Lowest spot a 9 is the reverse to highest a 7.
Sadly for the holder we weren´t playing bridge but "Barbu", dealer asked for no tricks, the other players all doubled obviously, and he claimed at trick 4.
Trick 4? An optimist. I'd have claimed at trick 1.
#8
Posted 2011-December-07, 16:39
myprac, on 2011-December-04, 09:37, said:
That IS a lot a bridge.
Dianne, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies... --Agent Dale Cooper
#9
Posted 2011-December-08, 16:17
daveharty, on 2011-December-07, 16:39, said:
Depends on who you ask, I guess. Recently I noticed there was a particular name that popped up frequently in my travelers, and I pulled up a week's hand records to see how he or she was doing. After what seemed like a long time BBO gave me a list of over 2,000 hands, for ONE WEEK mind you, about 300 a day. And I thought I practiced a lot! (If I'm not especially busy with, um, work, that's a good month of practice for me.)
#10
Posted 2011-December-08, 19:43
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

Help
