♠Qxx
♥K
♦xx
♣J8xxxxx
nobody vul, IMPs
1 ♦ -X- 5 ♦ -pass
pass-X-pass-??
Page 1 of 1
take out you said?
#2
Posted 2011-December-04, 17:58
Cross my fingers...
Rub my rabbits foot...
Say a prayer...
6♣
Rub my rabbits foot...
Say a prayer...
6♣
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. George Carlin
#3
Posted 2011-December-04, 18:08
Pass. Partner's double says he thinks we might have a game bonus to protect, but that doesn't mean we can make slam. AKxx AQxx x KQxx is easily enough for the second double.
Edit: it's surprising to be so short in the majors, but maybe partner has heart length and was too strong to overcall. That's another reason not to bid 6♣.
Edit: it's surprising to be so short in the majors, but maybe partner has heart length and was too strong to overcall. That's another reason not to bid 6♣.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
#4
Posted 2011-December-05, 08:13
I got good chances at 2 defensive tricks and no guarantee whatsoever that 6C makes. Seems like a clear pass.
#5
Posted 2011-December-05, 09:27
Easy pass. If we miss slam, so be it... I'll just take my sure plus, thank you
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe
#6
Posted 2011-December-05, 10:16
I upvoted Andy's post. Bidding is chasing moonbeams....and learning that 6♣ would have worked (if it did) wouldn't change my mind....pass has to be the percentage action.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari
#7
Posted 2011-December-05, 11:14
Three tricks are surely easier than twelve.
Revised Bridge Personality: 44 43 33 44
Dianne, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies... --Agent Dale Cooper
Dianne, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies... --Agent Dale Cooper
#8
Posted 2011-December-05, 14:08
partner made amistake and we got +100 only, 920 were avaible.
Dummy had 6-6 reds.
Dummy had 6-6 reds.
Page 1 of 1

Help
