I sat South on this deal at my club and the bidding for the most part wasn't pretty. 6♣as you can see is an excellent slam and one I think we'd all want to be in. My partner and I play SAYC not 2/1 GF. After my partner's natural 2H, with my huge distribution I rebid 4♣imagining that after a 4th suit GF 3♦ and the inevitable major response a bid of 4♣ at that point might be taken as a cuebid in my partner's major. As it happens it was worse than that, my p had thought my 4♣ bid was showing the A♣ and I read his 4♦ reponse as natural with 5-4-4-0 shape. Happy that we had eventually found a "fit" I signed off in 5♦; my partner realising what had happened corrected to the excellent ♣ slam.
When dummy was laid down after the J♥ lead I chuckled and endeavoured to bring home the small.
Despite our less than inspired attempt, it is a rather tricky hand to bid well and scientifically as ♣ smalls can often be. So what are your thoughts BBO community?

Help

