I will post the hand opposite later and you can tell me what you do with that opposite what you bid with this one.
Your bid RHO has lots of diamonds
#1
Posted 2011-November-20, 18:03
I will post the hand opposite later and you can tell me what you do with that opposite what you bid with this one.
#2
Posted 2011-November-20, 18:31
wyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:
rbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:
My YouTube Channel
#3
Posted 2011-November-20, 18:48
Pass of 5D seems fine.
/4D? Would like to see how others feel about t/o double and hope to survive, or an immediate 5C.
#4
Posted 2011-November-21, 04:24
Over 4D I'd overcall 5C.
Over 5D I'd pass
#5
Posted 2011-November-21, 05:41
You hold:
What do you do over:
(3N)-4♣(nat)-(P)-
(3N)-4♣(nat)-(4♦)-
(3N)-4♣(nat)-(5♦)-
(3N)-4♣(nat)-(4♠)-
(3N)-5♣ -(P)-
(3N)-5♣ -(5♦)-
(4♦)-P-(P)-
(4♦)-P-(5♦)-
(4♦)-P-(4♠)-
(4♦)-5♣-(P)-
4♦-5♣-(5♦)-
(5♦)-P-(P)-
And how do you think the auctions should continue. I left out the partner of the 3N/4♦ bidder psyching 4♥ which is what I might well have done.
#6
Posted 2011-November-21, 06:11
Second and: Over 4♣ overcall 4♥ if avaible, double if not avaible. Over 5♣ jump raise to 6. Over pass 4♥ if avaible, pass otherwise (sigh). Over 5♣ non jump overcall its the hardest I think pass and double.
#7
Posted 2011-November-21, 10:30
So I wouldn't be able to bid 4♣ over 3N and I would bid 5♣ over 3N or 4♦ but pass 5♦.
As for the problems, if partner were able to and did overcall a natural 4♣, I'd be very uncomfortable.
4♥, if available, would be tempting but is it right? What would I bid with xx KQJxxxx xx xx? If I'd bid 4♥ then, can it be right to bid 4♥ now? But what is my alternative? I have precisely the wrong diamond holding to bid slam with confidence.
If I could bid 4♦, I would.....maybe I am making a humpty-dumpty argument....my bids mean what I want them to mean....but I think 4♦ is merely showing a powerful hand and not promising a control in the suit.
Over 4♦ by them, I think I'll bid 6♣ as a two way shot...it may make or it may induce a save.
I'll make the same call over 4♠, with less confidence.
And should partner bid 5♣ I will bid 6♣.
#8
Posted 2011-November-21, 10:57
If it came round to me 5D P P I would be extremely unconfortable, but would probably pass.
#9
Posted 2011-November-21, 15:38
What do you open xx, x, AKQ10xxxx, xx first in green v red ? I'd be very tempted by 5♦.
#10
Posted 2011-November-21, 16:43
Cyberyeti, on 2011-November-21, 15:38, said:
What do you open xx, x, AKQ10xxxx, xx first in green v red ? I'd be very tempted by 5♦.
#11
Posted 2011-November-22, 07:14
#13
Posted 2011-November-22, 09:15
Zelandakh, on 2011-November-22, 07:14, said:
It risks some scary things like 4D X 5D 5S, and 4D X AP when that is bad (depending on partners style), or partner doing something like jumping to 6S or trying for 6S via some slam try route, but I did consider it.
I think it should have more spade tolerance, one might want to bid that way with AKx AKx x AKxxxxx or that nature also if it showed that, or 2416, etc. I would prefer for it to be strong and more flexible hand type as I would not risk doubling with a stiff spade and this hand type.
This post has been edited by JLOGIC: 2011-November-22, 09:18

Help
