BBO Discussion Forums: Sanity Check - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sanity Check

#21 User is offline   ArtK78 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,786
  • Joined: 2004-September-05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Galloway NJ USA
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2011-November-28, 15:03

View Postphil_20686, on 2011-November-22, 08:05, said:

I mean I could easily pass, but I'm not expecting partner to bid more than 2S with: QJxx KJx AKxxx x am I> so that is an argument for bidding game. On the other hand, I could easily see partner having Jxxx Kxx KQx QJx.


If one of us were to open that "hand," it would be a 1♣ opening in third seat (a comforable 10-12 1NT in first or second seat).

Given that partner has denied as much as a 10 count, I don't see why you would want to open that hand in 3rd seat.
0

#22 User is offline   Free 

  • mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-July-30
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-December-02, 03:31

I thought LTC stands for Loser Trick Count since it's only used by losers. :P

The long ♣s can be benificial or a nightmare. My initial thought was to bid 3♠, but Justin got me thinking... Thanks dude, now I no longer know what to do. :P
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe
0

#23 User is offline   S2000magic 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 439
  • Joined: 2011-November-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yorba Linda, CA
  • Interests:magic, horseback riding, hiking, camping, F1 racing, bridge, mathematics, finance, teaching

Posted 2011-December-02, 11:35

View Postgnasher, on 2011-November-28, 05:34, said:

Jxxx Kxx KQx QJx looks like a 1♣ opening to me.

Whereas to me it looks like a 1NT opener. ;)
BCIII

"If you're driving [the Honda S2000] with the top up, the storm outside had better have a name."

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.
1

#24 User is offline   MrAce 

  • VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,971
  • Joined: 2009-November-14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX

Posted 2011-December-02, 11:55

View Postgnasher, on 2011-November-28, 05:34, said:

I think opener should bid 3♠ with QJxx KJx AKxxx x. Even the Losing Trick Count would get that one right.Jxxx Kxx KQx QJx looks like a 1♣ opening to me.


:D
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."





0

#25 User is offline   han 

  • Under bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,797
  • Joined: 2004-July-25
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Posted 2011-December-03, 16:36

View Postgnasher, on 2011-November-28, 05:34, said:

I think opener should bid 3♠ with QJxx KJx AKxxx x.


Yes! Of course, gnasher and I would play that double promises 4 spades, which makes this an easier 3S bid.

View Postmikeh, on 2011-November-18, 10:32, said:

they think pass is a 4 letter word....


:)
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar
0

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users