BBO Discussion Forums: Run of the mill 8-5 - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Run of the mill 8-5

#1 User is offline   dcohio 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 218
  • Joined: 2009-September-10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-November-17, 19:49


1

#2 User is offline   dwar0123 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 770
  • Joined: 2011-September-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bellevue, WA

Posted 2011-November-17, 19:57

5♦? Should be minor slam forcing at least.
1

#3 User is offline   Phil 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,094
  • Joined: 2008-December-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas, USA
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2011-November-17, 20:30

View Postdwar0123, on 2011-November-17, 19:57, said:

5♦? Should be minor slam forcing at least.


Sounds like EKCB to me <_<
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
0

#4 User is offline   bigbenvic 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 2011-October-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

Posted 2011-November-17, 21:17

4d. I want to bid 3d but don't think that I get my hand across well if they bid again. Hoping for Partner to raise in D rather than bid some number of Hearts as I want to be able to get 5nt in.

The other danger is that the opps won't stay silent, so at least with 4d I can bid 5c over 4S or maybe even 4nt (pick one of my suits please) so that when he picks 5d I can try 5nt again :-)
1

#5 User is offline   S2000magic 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 439
  • Joined: 2011-November-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yorba Linda, CA
  • Interests:magic, horseback riding, hiking, camping, F1 racing, bridge, mathematics, finance, teaching

Posted 2011-November-17, 21:55

I'd be inclined to bid 3♦. I'll likely be better off if I get to play this hand at any level; I don't want to encourage my esteemed opponents to save.
BCIII

"If you're driving [the Honda S2000] with the top up, the storm outside had better have a name."

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.
1

#6 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2011-November-18, 01:53

4♦ is forcing, and better than that, it leaves room for partner to raise. With some luck partner bids 5 and I can bid GSF. Assuming dchio plays that, if not then nothing you will be left in the dark whatever you do. But getting raised in diamonds is the best info you can gather anyway.

EDIT: what bigbenvic said anyway
0

#7 User is offline   Hanoi5 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,083
  • Joined: 2006-August-31
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santiago, Chile
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2011-November-18, 05:48

3♦ seems enough for the moment.

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the ♥3.


View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win


My YouTube Channel
0

#8 User is offline   whereagles 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 14,900
  • Joined: 2004-May-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-November-18, 08:14

I will bid 6C now. I would need alpha asking bids or similar to find out what pard has in diamonds. No way I'm going to sort it out with conventional methods, so I'll just play the odds and bid the small slam.
0

#9 User is offline   phil_20686 

  • Scotland
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,754
  • Joined: 2008-August-22
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland

Posted 2011-November-21, 12:38

Im not sure why bidding 4d now ever loses when bidding 6c gains?

I can always bid 6C later if it still feels right.
The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real. - Sheldon Cooper
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users