Page 1 of 1
Run of the mill 8-5
#3
Posted 2011-November-17, 20:30
dwar0123, on 2011-November-17, 19:57, said:
5♦? Should be minor slam forcing at least.
Sounds like EKCB to me
Hi y'all!
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#4
Posted 2011-November-17, 21:17
4d. I want to bid 3d but don't think that I get my hand across well if they bid again. Hoping for Partner to raise in D rather than bid some number of Hearts as I want to be able to get 5nt in.
The other danger is that the opps won't stay silent, so at least with 4d I can bid 5c over 4S or maybe even 4nt (pick one of my suits please) so that when he picks 5d I can try 5nt again :-)
The other danger is that the opps won't stay silent, so at least with 4d I can bid 5c over 4S or maybe even 4nt (pick one of my suits please) so that when he picks 5d I can try 5nt again :-)
#5
Posted 2011-November-17, 21:55
I'd be inclined to bid 3♦. I'll likely be better off if I get to play this hand at any level; I don't want to encourage my esteemed opponents to save.
BCIII
"If you're driving [the Honda S2000] with the top up, the storm outside had better have a name."
Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.
"If you're driving [the Honda S2000] with the top up, the storm outside had better have a name."
Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.
#6
Posted 2011-November-18, 01:53
4♦ is forcing, and better than that, it leaves room for partner to raise. With some luck partner bids 5 and I can bid GSF. Assuming dchio plays that, if not then nothing you will be left in the dark whatever you do. But getting raised in diamonds is the best info you can gather anyway.
EDIT: what bigbenvic said anyway
EDIT: what bigbenvic said anyway
#7
Posted 2011-November-18, 05:48
3♦ seems enough for the moment.
wyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:
Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the ♥3.
rbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:
Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win
My YouTube Channel
#8
Posted 2011-November-18, 08:14
I will bid 6C now. I would need alpha asking bids or similar to find out what pard has in diamonds. No way I'm going to sort it out with conventional methods, so I'll just play the odds and bid the small slam.
#9
Posted 2011-November-21, 12:38
Im not sure why bidding 4d now ever loses when bidding 6c gains?
I can always bid 6C later if it still feels right.
I can always bid 6C later if it still feels right.
The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real. - Sheldon Cooper
Page 1 of 1

Help
