BBO Discussion Forums: Rebid for 3316 19hcp after 1C-1H - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rebid for 3316 19hcp after 1C-1H Nothing fits

#21 User is offline   whereagles 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 14,900
  • Joined: 2004-May-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-October-21, 12:40

View Postgordontd, on 2011-October-20, 12:11, said:

You play a natural 2C?


If I have clubs, yes.

/irony OFF
0

#22 User is offline   bigbenvic 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 2011-October-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

Posted 2011-October-25, 19:32

View Postxxhong, on 2011-October-21, 10:24, said:

I usually bid 1S as one round forcing here and 2S as C one suiter 6+C, 16+, 3C shows invitational value with strong clubs. I think that's the easiest treatment here.


Most partners I play use a j/s to show 4 card support of ♥, so 2nt here is used as GF, catch all bid (denying 4♠, 4♥ & if 4♦ then not 5♣) partner bids 3c as an asks - with 1 partner 3♠ now shows 3316 and all other bids natural.
0

#23 User is offline   aguahombre 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 12,029
  • Joined: 2009-February-21
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. George, UT

Posted 2011-October-25, 20:44

View Postxxhong, on 2011-October-21, 10:24, said:

I usually bid 1S as one round forcing here....

We don't have xxhong's 2S jump convention, but we do have 1S as 99 percent forcing (1/1/1), and would do that with the given hand. We later jump in hearts if possible, which only shows three of them and implies long clubs.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)
0

#24 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2011-October-25, 23:35

Intensly dislike 2S. It is nice to have a gadget here. The one we used was a 2NT gadget over which partner relayed with 3C to find out the hand type.
Not playing this or something sil\milar I would bid 3C, I guess.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users