I am not much inclined to brag or show my successful hands but at the table my LHO said I was very lucky and somehow it just irked me(doesn't usually). So this is your chance to vote in a poll on the subject
Goulash tournament IMP scoring
NONE V
In 1st seat you hold ♠ 4 ♥void ♦Q98743 ♣KJ9732. The auction proceeds P (6♠) P (P) to you. Basically I decided I would like to make a Lightner. This would be very unclear which of 3 suits to lead to partner so instead I chose to make the normal, everyday, unusual 6NT call. This would have benefits if we had a good save or if the opps chose to overbid with 7[spades} then my lightner would be crystal clear. Of course I would still be vulnerable to a successful 7NT call but the risk/reward ratio seemed worthwhile. The auction proceeded.....6NT (X) 7♣ (7[spades]) X (XX) all pass. Partner promtly led the 7♥ and the ruff for -1 was worth 16 IMPS. The hand in full is at My link
Page 1 of 1
dispicable me? you lucky bastard
#1
Posted 2011-October-10, 11:14
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
#2
Posted 2011-October-10, 12:14
Write-in vote for "lucky they didn't follow your 7NT scenario, otherwise as planned".
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)
#3
Posted 2011-October-10, 14:09
the lucky actions were west's absurd pass of 6♠ and the almost as absurd 6♠ opening
#4
Posted 2011-October-10, 14:42
Having in a recent county match had to suffer pushing cards against a slam which required Kxx with 7 missing and a stiff K trumps with 4 missing in the same hand, I don't feel this is particularly lucky
#5
Posted 2011-October-10, 14:44
6NT is 2 places to play, how did partner deduce your shortness wasn't clubs?, wd anyway, bidders game!
#6
Posted 2011-October-10, 15:01
Fluffy, on 2011-October-10, 14:44, said:
6NT is 2 places to play, how did partner deduce your shortness wasn't clubs?, wd anyway, bidders game!
No initial ♥ preempt probably
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
#7
Posted 2011-October-10, 15:21
I believe that you are very lucky (with as many verys as you like) and your scheme was executed as planned.
However, the option of "poor speller" was not available. Put me down for that option, Mr. Despicable.
However, the option of "poor speller" was not available. Put me down for that option, Mr. Despicable.
#9
Posted 2011-October-11, 06:34
I thought that stoking the fires of luck was the point of a goulash
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn
-gwnn
Page 1 of 1

Help
