Vampyr, on 2011-March-15, 10:08, said:
In the EBU, incomplete or improperly filled out convention cards are dealt with pretty severely. Pairs without complete or identical CCs can be made to play "Simple Systems" until they have complied with the requirement. I was once fined .5 VP for having one of my footnotes misnumbered (however, penalties like this are not consistently applied, and they should be).
As for UI and MI, a reader of this forum will think that they are generated all the time, but let us not forget that cases end up here because they are noteworthy. Delays are inevitable when there is a director call, but in my experience a table that has had the director there normally catches up by the next round.
Once when I was in the US, I played against an extremely fat man who was sitting with his legs apart. His convention card was under him on his chair, sticking out at his crotch. I do not remember whether the pair had another convention card, but there was certainly no way I was ever going to look at that man's card. Another time I played against a woman who kept snatching her card back from me whenever I picked it up. In Europe, it is very common for players, even in serious competitions, to have no convention card at all. However, in England, people are pretty good about exchanging convention cards, or placing them within the opponents' easy reach, at the beginning of a round. It sounds as if better regulations and/or better enforcement in other parts of the world is badly needed.
As for UI and MI, a reader of this forum will think that they are generated all the time, but let us not forget that cases end up here because they are noteworthy. Delays are inevitable when there is a director call, but in my experience a table that has had the director there normally catches up by the next round.
Once when I was in the US, I played against an extremely fat man who was sitting with his legs apart. His convention card was under him on his chair, sticking out at his crotch. I do not remember whether the pair had another convention card, but there was certainly no way I was ever going to look at that man's card. Another time I played against a woman who kept snatching her card back from me whenever I picked it up. In Europe, it is very common for players, even in serious competitions, to have no convention card at all. However, in England, people are pretty good about exchanging convention cards, or placing them within the opponents' easy reach, at the beginning of a round. It sounds as if better regulations and/or better enforcement in other parts of the world is badly needed.
mmm stephanie have you met the dreaded zeezee yet (name changed) but TD's know whom I am on about

Help
