BBO Discussion Forums: Weekly matchpoints #2 - strong hand vs spades - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weekly matchpoints #2 - strong hand vs spades

#1 User is offline   l milne 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 107
  • Joined: 2010-October-29

Posted 2010-December-01, 18:09



After your bid, if possible South will bid
Spoiler


How do you bid this hand?
0

#2 User is offline   gnasher 

  • Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,993
  • Joined: 2007-May-03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 2010-December-01, 19:00

I'd overcall 2♥. I don't want to have to guess what to do after
1♠ dbl 2♠ pass
pass
Having overcalled 2♥, I'll then double any number of spades for takeout.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
0

#3 User is offline   gordontd 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,485
  • Joined: 2009-July-14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 2010-December-02, 03:02

View Postgnasher, on 2010-December-01, 19:00, said:

I'd overcall 2♥. I don't want to have to guess what to do after
1♠ dbl 2♠ pass
pass
Having overcalled 2♥, I'll then double any number of spades for takeout.

Me too.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK
0

#4 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2010-December-02, 03:23

The knowledge that 2♥ ain't passed out might biase my decision, but I'd start with 2♥ to have an easy rebid next.
0

#5 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2010-December-02, 03:54

Double. This hand is too strong for a 2H overcall. Double again over 4S.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

#6 User is offline   Hanoi5 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,083
  • Joined: 2006-August-31
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santiago, Chile
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2010-December-02, 04:52

I'd also x and x

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the ♥3.


View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win


My YouTube Channel
0

#7 User is offline   Free 

  • mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-July-30
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2010-December-02, 04:55

2♥ followed by Dbl. The ♥ suit is too poor to Dbl first with the intention to bid ♥ later.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe
0

#8 User is offline   dake50 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,211
  • Joined: 2006-April-22

Posted 2010-December-02, 07:04

I have an Intermediate Jump Overcall, not WJO for this hand. 3H.
0

#9 User is offline   Free 

  • mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-July-30
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2010-December-02, 07:55

View Postdake50, on 2010-December-02, 07:04, said:

I have an Intermediate Jump Overcall, not WJO for this hand. 3H.

Offensive 18HCP with a 6-4 = intermediate?? What do you need to consider yourself strong? :blink:
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users