[quote name='hrothgar' date='Aug 16 2004, 01:40 PM'] [quote name='jtfanclub' date='Aug 16 2004, 09:14 PM'] [url="http://www.acbl.org/play/alertChart.html"]http://www.acbl.org/play/alertChart.html[/url]
makes no distinction between 2[cl]-2[di]-2N-3[cl] and 2N-3[cl]. [/QUOTE]
Actually, yes it does. From the link:
[QUOTE]Responses to Notrump Opening Bids and Overcalls[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Please consult the following link: [url="http://www.acbl.org/play/alertprocedures.html"]http://www.acbl.org/play/alertprocedures.html[/url]
More specifically, look at the following quote:
NOTE: A 2NT rebid after a response to a strong 2♣ opening is deemed to be a strong notrump opening for the purposes of this regulation, as is a 1NT or 2NT rebid after a strong, artificial 1[cl] opening and response.
I don't think that it gets much clearer than this... [/quote]
I did not see that...thank you. I stand corrected.
That didn't used to be there, did it?
Adjustment question TD was called when the bord was finished
#22
Posted 2004-August-16, 13:12
[quote name='jtfanclub' date='Aug 16 2004, 10:09 PM'] [quote name='hrothgar' date='Aug 16 2004, 01:40 PM'] [quote name='jtfanclub' date='Aug 16 2004, 09:14 PM'] [url="http://www.acbl.org/play/alertChart.html"]http://www.acbl.org/play/alertChart.html[/url]
makes no distinction between 2[cl]-2[di]-2N-3[cl] and 2N-3[cl]. [/QUOTE]
Actually, yes it does. From the link:
[QUOTE]Responses to Notrump Opening Bids and Overcalls[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Please consult the following link: [url="http://www.acbl.org/play/alertprocedures.html"]http://www.acbl.org/play/alertprocedures.html[/url]
More specifically, look at the following quote:
NOTE: A 2NT rebid after a response to a strong 2♣ opening is deemed to be a strong notrump opening for the purposes of this regulation, as is a 1NT or 2NT rebid after a strong, artificial 1[cl] opening and response.
I don't think that it gets much clearer than this... [/QUOTE]
I did not see that...thank you. I stand corrected.
That didn't used to be there, did it? [/quote]
Not sure when it got added
sorry
makes no distinction between 2[cl]-2[di]-2N-3[cl] and 2N-3[cl]. [/QUOTE]
Actually, yes it does. From the link:
[QUOTE]Responses to Notrump Opening Bids and Overcalls[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Please consult the following link: [url="http://www.acbl.org/play/alertprocedures.html"]http://www.acbl.org/play/alertprocedures.html[/url]
More specifically, look at the following quote:
NOTE: A 2NT rebid after a response to a strong 2♣ opening is deemed to be a strong notrump opening for the purposes of this regulation, as is a 1NT or 2NT rebid after a strong, artificial 1[cl] opening and response.
I don't think that it gets much clearer than this... [/QUOTE]
I did not see that...thank you. I stand corrected.
That didn't used to be there, did it? [/quote]
Not sure when it got added
sorry
Alderaan delenda est
#23
Posted 2004-August-16, 14:29
jtfanclub, on Aug 16 2004, 01:14 PM, said:
Note that it doesn't say Notrump Opening Bids, Overcalls, and rebids (or just Notrump Bids)...I have to assume that's a deliberate omission. That would mean that Stayman does have to be alerted after no-trump rebids.
From the second row of the alert chart, in the "category" column is: Conventional/Artificial. In the same row, in the "No Alert" column is: Stayman (next higher level of clubs). You don't really have to look any further.
#24
Posted 2004-August-16, 14:31
jtfanclub, on Aug 16 2004, 01:14 PM, said:
I have to assume that's a deliberate omission.
You're talking about the ACBL. Omissions are seldom deliberate.

Help
