Hi all
I'm a bit disturbed about various activities:
There is TD-Coalition, where I thought all BBO-TD join and help together raising the bridge-standard in BBO.
Now I'have seen some new creations:
1) BBO-friends
2) BBO-Land
3) IBD
As I understood the aim of all these groups of TD is to improve ethics, behavior and standard of players and TD's.
My question now is: Are these groups eking each other and cooperate or do they compete.
I think all TD should have the same objective. So why not pool all activities.
Sincerly
Al
Page 1 of 1
TD join together What is going on?
#1
Posted 2004-June-24, 15:21
♥♥♥ Play Bridge for fun and entertainment and to meet nice people. ♥♥♥
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.
Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.
Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
#2
Posted 2004-June-24, 16:06
hi Albrecht,
reedited this cause i made initial mistake
IBD is explained in another post by yzerman , this can be seen as an extension of BBO and offers some other values , also this domain has no limit to who can use facilties this site offers.IBD isnt group of tds.
Cant speak for BBO LAND.
Uffffff , sorry mixed BBO Friends with BBO TD friends( wich is no group with exclusions) neither is BBO Friends but this is explained below in next posts, thx for setting it straight gwen& jan
Regards Marc
reedited this cause i made initial mistake
IBD is explained in another post by yzerman , this can be seen as an extension of BBO and offers some other values , also this domain has no limit to who can use facilties this site offers.IBD isnt group of tds.
Cant speak for BBO LAND.
Uffffff , sorry mixed BBO Friends with BBO TD friends( wich is no group with exclusions) neither is BBO Friends but this is explained below in next posts, thx for setting it straight gwen& jan
Regards Marc
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".
#3
Posted 2004-June-24, 16:15
The BBO TD's Coalition was conceived to provide both a forum and a cooperative opportunity for BBO TD's to work together. In the process, training for a new TD was developed by Gwen, a website was created by Gwen, the schedule was created, meetings were kicked off to discuss TD concerns, and results happened nearly overnight as we went from a few scattered tournaments each day to a full compliment of games. Amazing results in a short time, in fact!
I think the purpose of the current groups is for several TD's to commit to working together on a set schedule of games. Even though I don't "belong" to any particular group, its been my experience that everyone is just as cooperative and friendly to me as they ever were
. So long as everyone is courteous about putting their games on the master schedule, I can't see that subsets of the big group are anything but a further positive.
I'm wondering if you've run across some kind of problem that's caused you to worry about factions within the TD community?
Frosty
I think the purpose of the current groups is for several TD's to commit to working together on a set schedule of games. Even though I don't "belong" to any particular group, its been my experience that everyone is just as cooperative and friendly to me as they ever were
I'm wondering if you've run across some kind of problem that's caused you to worry about factions within the TD community?
Frosty
#4
Posted 2004-June-24, 16:15
We conclude BBO Friends is nice name for it do not single out any one group but at same time acknowledge all of these groups as Friends of BBO...
So on site you can find BBO TDs, TD101, Total Points Club, and various info pages about other clubs and tournaments and anything else who is helpful to bbo players.
BBO Tds is intend, as you mention, to foster cooperation among tds to help us build nice robust schedule of events, improve our skills, and offer schedule to help organize what we all doing. It is not mandatory at all. Membership is open to all BBO-approve tds. Deciding to submit events for schedule is also not mandatory. Participating TDs is only showing they willingness to cooperate with balance of td community so we can serve our community better.
Gweny :-)
#5
Posted 2004-June-25, 12:04
Frosty, on Jun 24 2004, 05:15 PM, said:
I'm wondering if you've run across some kind of problem that's caused you to worry about factions within the TD community?
Frosty
Frosty
Hi Frosty
there was no kind of problem at all, that caused me to worry.
I'm just a rookie . I like the site TD-Coalition. It was very very helpfull for me. I thought this site would be enough platform for cooperation among TD.
My fear was more abstract. One great thing has more power than many small. But you have much more experience than I.
Thanks a lot for the informations
Al
♥♥♥ Play Bridge for fun and entertainment and to meet nice people. ♥♥♥
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.
Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
♠♥♠ BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa. ♦♣♦
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.
Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al
#6
Posted 2004-June-29, 13:07
No worries Double X -
I tend to agree with you ..... all the different groups are hard to keep track of!
The good thing is that they all seem to be friendlies!
Frosty
I tend to agree with you ..... all the different groups are hard to keep track of!
The good thing is that they all seem to be friendlies!
Frosty
#7
Posted 2004-July-02, 00:09
der all frieds,
sorry i did not see these post before.
all questions tobe answered are in
www.bboland.net
hope to see you there and good luck all
love
balckbikin/ bbo land representative
sorry i did not see these post before.
all questions tobe answered are in
www.bboland.net
hope to see you there and good luck all
love
balckbikin/ bbo land representative
#8
Posted 2004-July-02, 01:32
Entire purpose of BBO TDs is to give us some where to make some long term weekly schedule, build cooperation amoung tds of BBO and to learn about directing.
So schedule starts to build. Many thanks to everyone who send in tournaments. It is testement to BBO Community that goodwill carry over into tournaments.
It is great to know I can say "HELP" and some nice fellow BBO TDs will say "sure what do you need?"
It is also great to see TDs cooperating with each other, mentoring new tds and doing what they can to improve our TD community.
Keep up your good works... and in case people forget to tell you...
Thanks for all you do for us all!
Gweny :-)
Page 1 of 1

Help
