here another problem from a tour I newly directed:
This was the 5 card ending; Heart 6 and 9 played to zhe 9. trick.
Scoring: MP
West North East South
...-... pass. pass 1♦
pass. 2♣... pass 3NT
pass. pass. pass
West leads J of spades and declarer takes the first 8 tricks:
1♠ 5♣ and A, K of ♦
then he leads 6 of ♥, West contributes the 9
and time run out.
West North East South
...-... pass. pass 1♦
pass. 2♣... pass 3NT
pass. pass. pass
West leads J of spades and declarer takes the first 8 tricks:
1♠ 5♣ and A, K of ♦
then he leads 6 of ♥, West contributes the 9
and time run out.
It was a machtpoints tournament with 6 min per board.
I was never called to the table. I had to assume, that all players were responsible for the delay. I found server scored A--:
I didn't adjust so A-- was scored.
Later I looked at the traveller: The only possible results were 3NT+3 or 3NT= depending on South finessing Q of ♥ or not.
On the traveller 3NT got 22% and 3NT+3 64% for NT. In this respect 40% to N/S seems fair, if you assume declarers choice of line; to impass or not to impass; beeing 50% for each.
But what about EAST/WEST? If declarer finesses they would have got 36% and if he does not 78%. Therefore they deserve actually (36%+78%)/2 = 57%.
IMO the fair score shoold be NS=40% and EW=60%. But this was only possible to find out after looking the traveller in MyHands.
I'm looking forward to hear your opinions.
Cheers
Al

Help

West North East South
...-... pass. pass 1♦
pass. 2♣... pass 3NT
pass. pass. pass
West leads J of spades and declarer takes the first 8 tricks:
1♠ 5♣ and A, K of ♦
then he leads 6 of ♥, West contributes the 9
and time run out.