Bidding:
W N E S
# # 1♦ 2♣
2♠ - - 3♣
3♦ - 3♠ 4♣
4♠ - - x
xx - - -
While directing I found the movie of this hand with only 1 trick played (♣3KA8). I tried to find out what happened and asked West and North. There was no answer by West. This was my chat with North:
->North: what happened in your board 6 - who was slow?
North: opps 4!S X -3 they dont play
->North: ok I shall check
North: sorry -2
North: not problem with me i play with beginner but it is not honest
North: not double but redouble
->North: movie shows that it was your partner's turn to play next card when timeout
North: you have to make black list i think
->North: ?
->North: I did not say that I do not belive you - maybe there is an explaination
then, after tourney was finished:
->North: North, I am still waiting for your explanation about what happened in board 6 pls
no answer ever - maybe he blacklisted me and therefore could not hear me.
I then tried to ask East, but he obviously had gone away from his computer after the tourney, so he could answer my request only long time after the end of the tourney - here is the chat:
->East: hi, are you there?
->East: hello East, can you hear me????????????????????????????????????
->East: hello East, can you hear me????????????????????????????????
->East: hello East, can you hear me???????????????????????????????????
East (Lobby): now i can hear u
->East: I like to ask you a question about board 6 in yulek's tourney, do you have time?
East (Lobby): sure
->East: I just would like to know why there was only 1 trick played
East (Lobby): sry i will have 2 see the board again to recall
->East: it was 4!Sxx by your partner
->East: opps were celmare and redale
East (Lobby): yes only 1 trick was played
->East: I did ask your partner during the tourney but he did not answer
->East: had no time to ask you during the tourney
East (Lobby): only 1 trick was played
->East: yes, but why?
->East: who caused the delay?
East (Lobby): is it important NOW
->East: I am just curious because I did not get an answer by your partner and an unsatisfactory answer by your opps
->East: of course I cannot adjust now
->East: as the tourney already disappeared
->East: but maybe I shall write in the Forum about it
East (Lobby): do u log everything
->East: I can only log what I see, and I was not at the table when the board was played
->East: I log all chat of course
->East: I stumbled over that board when playing was already over
East (Lobby): ok
->East: if you do not want to talk about it, it is ok with me
East (Lobby): pl ask
->East: my question still is: who caused the delay so that only 1 trick could be played?
East (Lobby): i am free
East (Lobby): i had bad connection so i cannot be very sure.but i think it was opps
->East: was it during bidding or after the bidding?
East (Lobby): both
->East: ok, thank you
East (Lobby): wlcm
As I understand it, it sounds like East wanted to protect his partner and did not like to tell the full truth. Why else did he ask if I "log everything"?
North was obviously convinced that E/W did not play, but refused to explain why it was South's turn to play when the round ended. But it is entirely possible that the delay occurred when the dummy came down, and East continued to play just before the end of the round with one minute on the clock.
Even if I cannot really find out what happened, it is a shame that EW got away with a ave- here - if it was scored -1 or -2 they would have lost many more IMPs than the 3 IMPs generated by the ave-, and N/S would have got a much better score.
Maybe I should have adjusted to -1 at once and then investigate about who was responsible for the delay, and maybe adjust again later to -2 if it turned out that it was indeed East who caused the delay.
Oppinions?
Karl

Help
