Every time I quit BBO I get the popup asking "Leave Site?" etc. (even when I'm not playing), to which I have to click 'yes'.
It's only a mild annoyance but is there a way of getting rid of it?
I accept that this may be a setup option outside of BBO.
I'm on Windows 11 and Chrome.
Page 1 of 1
"Leave Site?" popup
#2
Posted 2026-October-06, 08:18
Instead of closing the tab or window within Chrome that you use to play, try to click your BBO ID --- top right of screen. You will see a drop-down menu appear with 3-4 option, the last of which (the only one in red) is "Sign out". Use it to logout when you wish to quit BBO.
I believe but am not sure that if you exit by closing the window (that triggers the "Leave site?" query), your profile continues to stay logged in (for a few minutes?) on the actual server. The 'sign out', followed by confirmation, is a sure-fire way to exit BBO.
Addendum: If you meant that the confirmation to BBO logout process is annoying, then I agree. I too had asked for it to be removed, but I reckon BBO folks don't wish to eliminate it.
I believe but am not sure that if you exit by closing the window (that triggers the "Leave site?" query), your profile continues to stay logged in (for a few minutes?) on the actual server. The 'sign out', followed by confirmation, is a sure-fire way to exit BBO.
Addendum: If you meant that the confirmation to BBO logout process is annoying, then I agree. I too had asked for it to be removed, but I reckon BBO folks don't wish to eliminate it.
This post has been edited by shyams: 2026-October-06, 08:20
#3
Posted 2026-October-06, 14:50
Have Task Manager open
click on browser app in Task manager
click end task
That will get you off BBO right away. Of course it closes your browser too but who does anything but play on BBO?
LOL yes being asked all the time is annoying
click on browser app in Task manager
click end task
That will get you off BBO right away. Of course it closes your browser too but who does anything but play on BBO?
LOL yes being asked all the time is annoying
Sarcasm is a state of mind
#4
Posted 2026-October-07, 02:32
Thanks for the (not over-helpful!) replies. I guess I'll just have to put up with it.
Page 1 of 1

Help
