Cyberyeti, on 2026-October-08, 16:01, said:
What theoretically was the lead ?
If I suspect hearts are 3-3 I will play very differently to if I think they aren't
By theoretically do you mean the best? I have no idea, but FWIW I can't imagine leading clubs King. Maybe a spade is a good idea, it looks as if opponents are 4-4 and may need to ruff a minor as well as tackle the unexpected split.
If you mean the agreed meaning of a lead of 6, by West's usual agreements I think it would have to be singleton, top of doubleton or bottom of J86 here, given the cards Declarer can see. But East is not good and it would be foolish to assume much.
Unless I miss something, Declarer has to play for hearts 3-3 given the actual trumps split. My doubt was whether West popping the Ace is sufficient grounds to bet that it was stiff (as Declarer ruefully chastised himself for not doing).