BBO Discussion Forums: Variable 2nt rebid - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Variable 2nt rebid

#21 User is online   mikeh 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,941
  • Joined: 2005-June-15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted Today, 15:52

View Postjillybean, on 2026-September-30, 14:50, said:

Now we're getting into the detail. Does 2M promise 6? Does 2NT promise any extras? Does a jump shift after a 2/1 exist, or is it a splinter?

This gives me a good starting point for discussion before I can understand and accept the invitation to play this method.

What ‘method’? It’s universal in NA, in a strong notrump method, for 2N to show a balanced minimum range opener, leaving aside the tiny number of (almost without exception) non expert who think the Schuler Shift is a good idea. The main differences in opinion relate to whether opener needs at least a little something in the side suits or whether 2N is the only way to deny 6 major. I don’t hog hands and, in constructive auctions, I do care about stoppers when bidding 3N, although xxx opposite xxx is acceptable on occasion. So I play that rebidding 2M is ambiguous and 2N offers at least tye hope of a half stopper in the side suits. That it can be 18+ is simply standard and has been since before I began to play. Wtf else are you going to bid?
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari
0

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users