Probably I was wrong to redouble: I was thinking of a reverse ♣-♦ but I still felt I could make something of 1♣x or even xx.
I didn't expect South to chime in with 1♥ but so they did, and it ended up with 2♠ played by my partner.
When I saw partner's hand:
I couldn't suppress a sigh - but partner managed at least to scramble home five tricks for minus 150. I did gently chide my partner for not supporting my clubs, if they were to bid in the first place.
Then the score came up. 100%. "There must be some mistake," I thought. "They've got the scores swapped over, it should be 0% to us."
Then I looked at the other scores (8 tables in all):
3♥N+2 ... 200 to NS
5♣E-4 .... 200 to NS
5♣Ex-2 ... 300 to NS
4♥S= .... 620 to NS
4♥N+1 ... 650 to NS
4♥S+2 ... 680 to NS
4♥Sx= ... 790 to NS
Fluke? Good sacrifice? or terrible bidding?
Whatever - I'd better not complain to partner ever again...

Help

