BBO Discussion Forums: Another waning gibbous - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another waning gibbous

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,427
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2026-September-27, 15:23

Entering the last round in the regionals we were 4th and almost qualified for the nationals... but the moon had turned, and not only for me.
Against one of the weaker teams we lost 10 IMPs for a silly agreement forget and another 10 for this apparently innocuous board.



Lead ♠T, plan your play and how do you like your chances?
0

#2 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,227
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2026-September-27, 16:21

I never get these right but will try

Will play North for:

T9xx...xx....AQx....Jxxx
So
Two spades, three hearts, three diamonds and one club...

Win KS
D towards J
0

#3 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,227
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted Yesterday, 07:45

Updates?
0

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,427
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted Yesterday, 14:24

View Postmike777, on 2026-September-29, 07:45, said:

Updates?

I was waiting for more people to reply.
But it was clearly the wrong phase of moon B-)

Here is the full board.

Lead ♠T

IMP


Having studied it I think your line is fine, but will go down like mine did (I thought I had been fixed by the deviant lead, but that was just the cherry on the cake).
Probably the real question is how it made at the other table.
0

#5 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,227
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted Yesterday, 14:53

I would fully expect the other table to be in game. Leading a spade is normal.

Perhaps cash KAx of spades and hope for defensive errors??

I am down 2 with my line on the easy club switch.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users