BBO Discussion Forums: Harvest Moon - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harvest Moon

#21 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,427
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2026-September-28, 15:10

View PostWasWinM, on 2026-September-28, 10:53, said:

It is indeed a tempest, mostly in a teapot, though.

Even in a teapot, some tempests are (at least relatively) important.
My non-playing Captain chided me we should have played 3NT.
Do you agree?
0

#22 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,227
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2026-September-28, 15:26

 pescetom, on 2026-September-28, 15:10, said:

Even in a teapot, some tempests are (at least relatively) important.
My non-playing Captain chided me we should have played 3NT.
Do you agree?


As your non, non playing Captain I would have congratulated your bidding the 6C contract and encourage you to keep the pressure up on the opponents, Don't Stop
0

#23 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,427
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2026-September-28, 15:33

View Postmike777, on 2026-September-28, 15:26, said:

As your non, non playing Captain I would have congratulated your bidding the 6C contract and encourage you to keep the pressure up on the opponents, Don't Stop


That is what I would have expected too :)
Maybe he had difficulty in envisioning the auction from our point of view, or was simply peeking the PAR.
0

#24 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,227
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2026-September-28, 15:43

 pescetom, on 2026-September-28, 15:33, said:

That is what I would have expected too :)
Maybe he had difficulty in envisioning the auction from our point of view, or was simply peeking the PAR.



Total unfortunate side note regarding playing teams.

I loved playing teams when I was younger, much much younger.
Since coming back to bridge I still love playing teams.
Unfortunately we don't discuss the hands.
I often don't even know what the other contracts were at the other table.

I really miss that ..

I got roped into some long all day team game thingy tomorrow. Have no idea who our teammates are or what the event is.

At least it is online, so perhaps I can view the contracts Wednesday. 😎
0

#25 User is offline   pescetom 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,427
  • Joined: 2014-February-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy

Posted 2026-September-28, 15:44

The actual layout:

IMPS

0

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users