What is going on? I received an email from the ACBL, but I have not been an ACBL member for years.
Isn't BBO Premium free for everyone for the first year, or does the free 12 months start again now?
Obviously the mail generator has no idea that I am not a member nor do I play BBO ACBL,
and the database has not been updated.
Because you’re an active BBO player and an ACBL member,
we have a little something for you.
We love seeing our members play more bridge, wherever
and whenever they can. So we worked with BBO to give you
a full year of BBO Premium membership at no cost!
Explore BBO Premium
More Bridge. More Fun. More BBO.
Your free Premium membership gives you exclusive access to treats like:
Ad-free play and unlimited deals
Your choice of robot bidding system
Live video chat
Bridgerama+ digital magazine
And more features to explore
There’s nothing you need to do to claim your free year.
It’s our way of saying thanks for being part of the bridge community.
One important note: Your Premium membership does not cover entry fees
for individual games held on BBO. Those fees still apply.
Page 1 of 1
Just for You: A FREE Year of BBO Premium!
#1
Posted 2026-September-24, 10:07
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
Bridge should be fun!
#2
Posted 2026-September-28, 13:53
If that came from ACBL, I don't think it has anything to do with us. They share their membership DB with us, and it does indeed say that your membership expired 4 years ago. You should ask them why they did this.
Of course, there's no reason to look a gift horse in the mouth....
Of course, there's no reason to look a gift horse in the mouth....
#3
Posted Yesterday, 07:54
barmar, on 2026-September-28, 13:53, said:
If that came from ACBL, I don't think it has anything to do with us. They share their membership DB with us, and it does indeed say that your membership expired 4 years ago. You should ask them why they did this.
Of course, there's no reason to look a gift horse in the mouth....
Of course, there's no reason to look a gift horse in the mouth....
I was told I got a free year because I am so active on the forums. Perhaps the same is true for you.
I presume I will be free forever since I have paid a lot for the instant tournaments.
#4
Posted Yesterday, 08:11
Yes, in Jilly's case, the complimentary year of Premium was provided by BBO because of her activity and contribution to the BBO community, including the forums. Some players who had already received complimentary Premium from BBO also received this ACBL message.
The email does not add another 12 months or restart the complimentary year. It is referring to the same year of Premium that BBO had already granted.
The email does not add another 12 months or restart the complimentary year. It is referring to the same year of Premium that BBO had already granted.
#5
Posted Yesterday, 08:31
I am tempted to write to the ACBL and ask if my free full-year membership starts now, but I won’t waste everyone’s time.
I am very grateful for the complimentary year and will happily pay for future years of membership.
The cost of our regular team games is roughly $2 CAD, not to mention the immense benefit I have received from these forums over the years.
I am very grateful for the complimentary year and will happily pay for future years of membership.
The cost of our regular team games is roughly $2 CAD, not to mention the immense benefit I have received from these forums over the years.
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
Bridge should be fun!
Page 1 of 1

Help
