Does anyone have advice on how I can find someone to work with to improve my game. BBO seems like a terrible place to find actual partners vs just playing with random folks. I think I'd benefit from some coaching if it wasn't terribly expensive. I score about 10-15% of the time. Most of the time my score is around the average of an MP or IMP game on any given day, sometimes it's far below. I've been playing for about 3 years, made it to 21 BXP and now seem to be stuck.
Any well intentioned suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
BBO => LGTrader
Page 1 of 1
Looking for a mentor, partner or reasonably priced teacher Improving play in general
#2
Posted 2026-September-09, 13:14
Many free lessons on BBO.
Richardrls holds free lessons, friend him and send him a mail.
I think there is a guy OliverC too.
Richardrls holds free lessons, friend him and send him a mail.
I think there is a guy OliverC too.
#3
Posted 2026-September-25, 10:57
Hi Mark
The best 'free' lessons are at 10:00 Eastern by a guy named Steve Conrad (conradsr). He covers a wide variety of topics and is regarded highly. I started with Steve over 6 years ago and attend most every day.
Kevin Wilson is one of the best teachers that I have encountered and offer lessons on BBO most Mondays & Wednesdays at noon Eastern (Bridge Bites with Kevin), Tuesdays at 12:15 and 2:00 PM Eastern (Clubhouse).
DO NOT go to RichardRLS. It is a waste of time.
OliverC is retired and no longer teaching as far as I know. He taught his own form of Precision.
If you are interested in group lessons, I know a slew of teachers, some very reasonably priced and some out of my price range.
I will contact you on BBO. Maybe I can help you out. I am also looking for a partner, so maybe if you are interested, you can join me in my group lessons with Marc Smith.
Cheers
Babs
The best 'free' lessons are at 10:00 Eastern by a guy named Steve Conrad (conradsr). He covers a wide variety of topics and is regarded highly. I started with Steve over 6 years ago and attend most every day.
Kevin Wilson is one of the best teachers that I have encountered and offer lessons on BBO most Mondays & Wednesdays at noon Eastern (Bridge Bites with Kevin), Tuesdays at 12:15 and 2:00 PM Eastern (Clubhouse).
DO NOT go to RichardRLS. It is a waste of time.
OliverC is retired and no longer teaching as far as I know. He taught his own form of Precision.
If you are interested in group lessons, I know a slew of teachers, some very reasonably priced and some out of my price range.
I will contact you on BBO. Maybe I can help you out. I am also looking for a partner, so maybe if you are interested, you can join me in my group lessons with Marc Smith.
Cheers
Babs
Page 1 of 1

Help