Scenario
I have now e.g. usd 1M voo 1400 shares holding at us stock exchange.
I would like to migrate to ucits etf vusd at london stock exchange. Sell all voo. Buy equivalent $ amount vusd.
Voo and vusd market prices typically move in synchronization.
Voo trade in us hours.
Vusd trade in uk hours.
Any strategy to gain or minimise loss?
Page 1 of 1
A Math question Trading, operation, strategy, whatever
#2
Posted 2026-September-22, 14:53
I'm not sure what you're looking for. Gains and losses come from the difference between purchase and sale price of the security you sell. If you sell one fund and buy another, they're independent and there's nothing to minimize.
Since you're selling in the US and buying in UK, the only issue I can see is the exchange rate between dollars and pounds. There's not much you can do to optimize that.
Since you're selling in the US and buying in UK, the only issue I can see is the exchange rate between dollars and pounds. There's not much you can do to optimize that.
Page 1 of 1

Help
