BBO Discussion Forums: What should i bid now? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What should i bid now?

#1 User is offline   harikannan 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 208
  • Joined: 2021-June-19

Posted 2024-June-30, 22:20

Playing 'challenge a friend' on bbo, I held this hand: S-AK, H-KQT4, D-974, C-JT63.

Patner opened 1C in first seat and my RHO overcalled 1D. I bid 1H, LHO passed, partner bid 1S. My RHO now bid 2D. Gib described 3D by me now as 4+ spades, 'double' as biddable diamonds. So, I bid 5C and had a disaster. What was my correct bid? Thanks in advance.
0

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,731
  • Joined: 2014-March-15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2024-June-30, 22:51

If you're asking for the correct bid with a human partner, then 3♦ seems pretty clear.

If you're asking for what to do with GIB who plays this silly definition of 3♦, then this should have been posted in the robot forum, and the answer is you can't do anything, but neither can your friend. Choose between a non-forcing 3♣, a gambling 3NT, or 5♣, and hope your choice works out better than your friend's. I would probably just gamble 3NT and hope partner has a stopper or that your opponent is a silly robot who will believe you have a stopper and lead something else, which is obviously awful and nothing to do with Intermediate / Advanced Bridge.
I have nothing worth contributing, bye
1

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users