BBO Discussion Forums: Is this Kelsey hand really right? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this Kelsey hand really right?

#1 User is offline   kereru67 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 86
  • Joined: 2012-February-26

Posted 2024-July-05, 22:46



W leads J♣, declarer wins. ♠ to K, E wins with A. ♣ return, declarer wins. Declarer draws last trump, W discards ♣. So this is where we're at:



Kelsey's recommended play is 5♦ from declarer, then finesse 9♦ if W plays low. I'm struggling to get my head around this, I understand that E can't have both A♦ and K♥ or they'd have opened the bidding because we've already seen A♠ and implied Q♣, but I still can't get from that that declarer should risk E having the 10♦.Sometimes I think Kelsey picks weird plays just for the sake of it.
0

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,155
  • Joined: 2003-May-14

Posted 2024-July-05, 23:29

Spoiler

2

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users