BBO Discussion Forums: Implied logic in the explanation - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Implied logic in the explanation

#1 User is offline   thorvald 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 376
  • Joined: 2012-September-05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 2023-July-30, 10:32

I had this hand


The explanation to 4♠ was: Cue bid -- 13+ total points; forcing to 5C


Note the "forcing to 5♣!!"

What to bid? 4N was defined as quantitative (Another hint)
5Mi was natural, NF

My opponent jumped to 6♥
I could see that 5♠ was showing 5+♥, 18-21 HCP , so that was my choice.

GIB now bid 6♣ explained as 4+♣, 13+ points

And I dropped trying to bid a grand and settled for 6♥.



I am still not sure if 4♠ is both minors (but I think so) or just ♣
Thorvald Aagaard
Mobile : +45 22 99 55 25
http://www.netbridge.dk
http://www.thorvald.dk
0

#2 User is offline   johnu 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 5,473
  • Joined: 2008-September-10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2023-July-30, 17:04

View Postthorvald, on 2023-July-30, 10:32, said:

I am still not sure if 4♠ is both minors (but I think so) or just ♣

Surely both minors. With just clubs, then 4♣ seem obvious. After 4♣ you can't afford to show diamonds later since that would force a preference to 6♣. Then again this is GIB so who knows.
0

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,731
  • Joined: 2014-March-15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2023-July-30, 17:10

4 of a minor shows 17+ total points. 4♠ really is just the fallback for any remaining 13+ total point hand (that can't bid 4♥, which seems to be wide ranging) without saying anything specific about minors (though hopefully simulations would tell it to avoid it for some of those cases).
I have nothing worth contributing, bye
0

#4 User is offline   johnu 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 5,473
  • Joined: 2008-September-10
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2023-July-31, 00:01

View Postsmerriman, on 2023-July-30, 17:10, said:

4 of a minor shows 17+ total points. 4♠ really is just the fallback for any remaining 13+ total point hand (that can't bid 4♥, which seems to be wide ranging) without saying anything specific about minors (though hopefully simulations would tell it to avoid it for some of those cases).

Yikes!
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users