BBO Discussion Forums: You know you are about to banned when..... - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

You know you are about to banned when..... hope you don't see yourself in here....

#1 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2005-June-21, 22:26

Based upon you know your a redneck....

1. You know you are about to banned when.....you play five XX contracts in a row, all going down five or more tricks.

2. You know you are about to banned when.....you send a stream of profanity to the lobby over and over again

3. You know you are about to banned when.....call your opponents dirty rotten cheaters in public

4. You know you are about to banned when.....you start shouting at a yellow and telling him how stupid he and all the other yellows are.

5. You know you are about to banned when.....when you call your partner a pathetic loser who is the worlds second poorest excuse for a bridge player....

6. You know you are about to banned when.....cheat repeatedly and you have never lost a two way finessee or failed to drop an honor offside in the main room in 2 years.

7. You know you are about to banned when.....you get warned several times not to give unwanted bridge lessons, and yet you just can't stand sharing your immense bridge knowledge with the poor cretins who somehow always seek you out as a partner.

8. You know you are about to banned when.....when you enter Fred Gitelman on as your name and you are not Fred Gitelman.

9. You know you are about to banned when.....when really piss of uday or Fred.

10. You know you are about to banned when.....when you try to log in and you get that message about contacting abuse.

Ben
--Ben--

#2 User is offline   Dwingo 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2005-June-22, 01:32

Nice post telling everyone what gets them banned on BBO.

I like all your points except Point 6, which needs more clarification.

Are you implying that it takes 2 years to catch a cheat?. I understand that you need to collect evidence over a period of time to nab the culprit, but 2 years is a bit too long.

I hope you said that as an example and not as a reflection of what is happening now.

Godwin
Bridge Players do it with Finesse

#3 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2005-June-22, 02:00

I defended against 4 redoubled contracts in 6 boards, both based upon the fact that neither opponent knew that the redouble was for rescue.

E.g.

1C (1S) P P
X P P XX
end

and

1D (X) XX (1S)
X (XX) end

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2005-June-22, 05:38

Dwingo, on Jun 22 2005, 03:32 AM, said:

Are you implying that it takes 2 years to catch a cheat?. I understand that you need to collect evidence over a period of time to nab the culprit, but 2 years is a bit too long.

Hi,,,

Does it take two years to catch cheaters? Well the answer depends on how long it takes someone to turn them in so we know to look at them. Users can help by sending a few example hands of blantant cheating to abuse. Some cheaters are caught lthe very first day they login to BBO, some are still here and never have been detected. Some are being watched and evaluated right now to assess if they are cheating. The pont of the post is that if you are cheating, you will ge caught.

As for the redouble thing, this has to do with what auctions like

2C-P-3S-P-7NT-doubled and redoubled down 13, or opening 7NT and then redobuling on 3 hcp, or overallig an opponents 2NT opening bid with 7NT, etc... Any serious attempt to bids that include redoubles of course will never cause a problem with BBO staff. But since scores, even in the main room, are dependent upon what is happening at the other tables, we take a very dim view of "frivolous bidding" trying to hit the magic 24 imp barrier.
--Ben--

#5 User is offline   sceptic 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2005-June-22, 07:27

I am a bit disappointed in option 1 Ben, I feel victimised here, I may take you to the court of Human rights on that one

#6 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2005-June-23, 03:25

sceptic, on Jun 22 2005, 02:27 PM, said:

I am a bit disappointed in option 1 Ben, I feel victimised here, I may take you to the court of Human rights on that one

Hi,

yes, please let Wayne remain an opp of me, huge imps are coming from that and he is not doing it on purposse :blink:

M
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users