BBO Discussion Forums: Rate West's bidding - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rate West's bidding another disaster

#21 User is offline   rmnka447 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,366
  • Joined: 2012-March-18
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois
  • Interests:Bridge, Golf, Soccer

Posted 2017-October-16, 09:21

View Posthrothgar, on 2017-October-16, 02:07, said:

I believe that at least two people have commented about Moysians taking the tap in the wrong hand. I know that I did

Yep, you're right, but the example I provided does concretely bring home the impact of those references. I thought about the Moysian problem after my first post. But I had other activities scheduled and couldn't immediately return to post about it. I scanned the new posts quickly when I was able to get back and missed the references.

It's also important to point out that though 6 ♥ isn't a good contract even with the controls ala my example hand, 6 ♣ would be icy opposite it. OTOH, if opener's hand were

♠ 42
♥ AJ10x
♦ Jxx
♣ AKxx

either slam is fine opposite that hand. So in bidding slams, it can be very important to distinguish between subtle differences in these hands.
0

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users