BBO Discussion Forums: Simple Question - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Simple Question

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,853
  • Joined: 2006-May-18
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 2015-July-03, 02:36

This looks like a completely normal double to me and it does not feel close.
(-: Zel :-)
0

#22 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

  • Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 8,483
  • Joined: 2004-November-02
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2015-July-04, 11:05

View PostPhilKing, on 2015-June-29, 10:09, said:

My tuppence worth on why this is a clear double ....

I have looked at more of these preempts from high-level bridge than possibly anyone else using my hands database. It is not stored in a way that I can prove anything statistically, but a couple of points have struck me:

1. The opponents don't tend to double us nearly enough when we step out of line.

2. Quite often when we get too high, it turns out they were making 3♠, so we pick up an imp or two from the save.

If you made the club jack a small one I would still double.


re point 2: last time partner made shall we say a 'light' action over a 4S opening the auction went 4S 4NT 5S 5NT P 6D all pass. I was disappointed to see this go off when partner had some pile of rubbish, but we gained quite a few imps against 4S+1, so I found the cheap save...
0

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users