BBO Discussion Forums: Circled numbers, private chat, host - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Circled numbers, private chat, host

#1 User is offline   doteryan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-February-21, 23:28

What are the circled numbers that sometimes appear on a player's name?

How do I send private chat? The chat line when playing doesn't offer this option.

What benefits do I have as host?

I am new to the site and can't find answers.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-February-22, 02:22

View Postdoteryan, on 2014-February-21, 23:28, said:

What are the circled numbers that sometimes appear on a player's name?

How do I send private chat? The chat line when playing doesn't offer this option.

What benefits do I have as host?

I am new to the site and can't find answers.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

1) The numbers in profiles are symbols for the masterpoints won in pay tourneys on BBO. You can read more about that here: http://www.bridgebas...ints_bandp.html

2) To send private chat to a player click on their name, then type in the chat line in their profile. Here's a video showing how to do that: http://doc.bridgebas...20to%20chat.htm

Note that you cannot send private chat to your own partner while playing. Use the -> Table chat to send messages during play

3) When you are the host of a table you have access to the "Table" button (look below the table area to find this button) where you can manage table settings. You can choose to lock or unlock seats, allow or disallow kibitzers, remove inactive or disruptive players, etc.

You can find more about how to get around the site in the Help files (click the Help button on BBO, on the top bar) or in the Quick Guide pinned in news (look under the BBO Today heading - first page as you log on BBO).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users