Page 1 of 1
need partner/teacher want to improve my game
#1
Posted 2013-July-18, 13:35
I am totally defeated playing with the robots. Their bidding is so erratic and I am perpetually flummoxed by their wild swings.
I would like a nice steady partner, with interest in adding to simple SAYC. I have been playing bridge for years, and I am considered a competent intermediate player - until I get with the Robots and then I seem to become a novice. I have a normal convention card, with no bells and whistles, but want to use Michaels and unusual 2NT.
I live in the US Eastern time zone, rarely sleep and would enjoy scheduled play in the tournaments. I request a partner with a sense of humor. Impossible? I don't think so.
#2
Posted 2013-July-18, 13:44
meliora2, on 2013-July-18, 13:35, said:
I am totally defeated playing with the robots. Their bidding is so erratic and I am perpetually flummoxed by their wild swings.
I would like a nice steady partner, with interest in adding to simple SAYC. I have been playing bridge for years, and I am considered a competent intermediate player - until I get with the Robots and then I seem to become a novice. I have a normal convention card, with no bells and whistles, but want to use Michaels and unusual 2NT.
I live in the US Eastern time zone, rarely sleep and would enjoy scheduled play in the tournaments. I request a partner with a sense of humor. Impossible? I don't think so.
#3
Posted 2013-July-18, 13:48
hi..I'm in Eastern zone as well and I too rarely sleep!
sayc is very similar to bbo standard...I can play sayc for a while...if you have a view to progressing to BBO 'advanced'
I'm an advanced player...certainly by bbo standards.
send email if interested.
Cheers,
Jim
medtor@rogers.com
sayc is very similar to bbo standard...I can play sayc for a while...if you have a view to progressing to BBO 'advanced'
I'm an advanced player...certainly by bbo standards.
send email if interested.
Cheers,
Jim
medtor@rogers.com
#4
Posted 2013-August-03, 06:36
Hello. I mentor and coach several people on BBO and can give you the improvement help you want. I teach classes via http://www.onlinebridgelessons.com and also teach some private students who take one or two weekly sessions with me. If you want references, I can give you some. You can reach me at yodercm@earthlink.net or via that website.
Cheers,
Cornelia Yoder
Cheers,
Cornelia Yoder
#5
Posted 2013-August-28, 18:21
I have tons of experience playing with/against GIB. I am a very good 2/1 player. We can play 8-10 hands to know each other. Contact me at syangak@gmail.com.
#6
Posted 2013-August-28, 20:49
meliora2, on 2013-July-18, 13:35, said:
I am totally defeated playing with the robots. Their bidding is so erratic and I am perpetually flummoxed by their wild swings.
I would like a nice steady partner, with interest in adding to simple SAYC. I have been playing bridge for years, and I am considered a competent intermediate player - until I get with the Robots and then I seem to become a novice. I have a normal convention card, with no bells and whistles, but want to use Michaels and unusual 2NT.
I live in the US Eastern time zone, rarely sleep and would enjoy scheduled play in the tournaments. I request a partner with a sense of humor. Impossible? I don't think so.
actually, the robots' bidding isn't erratic at all; it's just that you are unfamiliaar with their gadgets. give yourself a 2/1 cc and then you will be able to see what their bids mean at the time as it will be displayed for you when you play with them.
#7
Posted 2013-September-03, 09:37
meliora2, on 2013-July-18, 13:35, said:
I am totally defeated playing with the robots. Their bidding is so erratic and I am perpetually flummoxed by their wild swings.
I would like a nice steady partner, with interest in adding to simple SAYC. I have been playing bridge for years, and I am considered a competent intermediate player - until I get with the Robots and then I seem to become a novice. I have a normal convention card, with no bells and whistles, but want to use Michaels and unusual 2NT.
I live in the US Eastern time zone, rarely sleep and would enjoy scheduled play in the tournaments. I request a partner with a sense of humor. Impossible? I don't think so.
Page 1 of 1

Help