• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Minor wood

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-03, 09:02

View PostKungsgeten, on 2014-February-28, 19:36, said:

I've been noticing the convention Optional RKCB in Bridge World's challenge the champ. I have not yet quite understood in what kind of situations this is used, but I guess one option would be to play it instead of Minorwood, and thus combining the ace ask and the slam invitational hand into the same bid?

I have been posting my variant of this on BBF for some time now (perhaps BW stole it from BBF?! ;) ). You can combine it with cue bidding or Kickback as desired and can use it only when suit agreement is at the 4 level (and Minorwood when suit agreement was at the 3 level) or for all 4m bids in minor suit agreement auctions. If the agreed suit is diamonds and 4 is available for artificial purposes then I suggest 4 = starts a cue auction with 4 being the club cue; and 4 = optional RKCB.
(-: Zel :-)

#22 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-March-05, 18:34

Minorwood always struck me as a poor convention. Even where there has been a trump agreement at 3-level or below I can think of lots of uses for a natural 4 but can only think of a splinter (which goes past 3N so may not always be useful) or a cue-bid for 4. So 4 seems a more logical RKCB ask for , as long as you stick to only using when there has been trump agreement (which is sensible anyways)
Sarcasm is a state of mind

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users