• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Could Be Short announcment

#61 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-November-30, 18:35

I've never seen those one-sided score sheets. They're probably more expensive simply because they're not as popular.

I wrote to the Bulletin at least 5 years ago suggesting two-sided score sheets, and they pubished it. With so many companies trying to be "green" these days, I'm really annoyed they still haven't done it.

#62 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-December-01, 17:15

View Postblackshoe, on 2012-November-30, 18:23, said:

It's always amused me that you can buy "score sheets" with no CC on the other side, but that rather than print another score sheet there, the ACBL (or Baron-Barclay now, I guess) just leaves it blank. And they're more expensive than the score sheet/CC combination.

We could have some fun with the opponents. Instead of using the back of a scoresheet from a previous session, we could dummy-up some silly results which appear to be an incomplete scorecard for this session. Let em try to cop a board :rolleyes:
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#63 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-December-01, 17:39

View Postblackshoe, on 2012-November-30, 18:23, said:

It's always amused me that you can buy "score sheets" with no CC on the other side, but that rather than print another score sheet there, the ACBL (or Baron-Barclay now, I guess) just leaves it blank. And they're more expensive than the score sheet/CC combination.

It seems I was wrong about this, at least in part. 100 CC-with-score-sheet costs $3.00, but you can get bulk discounts. 500 costs $2.39x5= $11.95. The score-sheets-on-one-side are described as "Western style", are 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" (so smaller than the CC) and cost $7.95, so they are a bit cheaper. No bulk discount on those. Even the largest bulk discount on the CCs only brings the price for 500 down to $8.20.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#64 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-December-03, 11:50

I read this "two-sided" conversation and boggled, as we've been using two-sided pairs sheets for years.

Well, benefits of living in Canada, I guess:
http://canadianbridg...bulk-discounts/

I seem to recall the "remarks" form double-sided as well, but I can't see them at the moment.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users