Hi,
Please can TD's refrain from auto subbing subs!
If we are not at the PC and are subbed into a tournament, we cause more delays, then receive a demerit point when we are subbed out!
Why have an auto sub option at all?
thanks,
jillybean
Page 1 of 1
auto sub
#1
Posted 2004-November-05, 09:57
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
Bridge should be fun!
#2
Posted 2004-November-05, 13:24
It's a good point, jillybean. Here's the point on the other side:
If I am making multiple subs (especially Board 1), and I do an invite, it's tougher to move to the next table. By the time the invite is declined, I don't recall which table the problem was. The players then have a tendency to message me again.
Every message pops a window up which basically stops me doing what I'm doing and I have to close or move that message. The pop-ups aren't much fun for the TDs, it's a common gripe, but at the same time it's hard to get the system to do what we'd like it to more elegantly.
Next point: If you're the last person on my sub list but won't respond to invites, I can't do an auto-appeal out to the lobby, and all the tables will have to wait for you to decline their invites. It's a never-ending delay.
The solution: I autosub you in. Then I kick you back out. Now hurrah I can do an auto-appeal to the lobby, and here comes the cavalry!
If I am making multiple subs (especially Board 1), and I do an invite, it's tougher to move to the next table. By the time the invite is declined, I don't recall which table the problem was. The players then have a tendency to message me again.
Every message pops a window up which basically stops me doing what I'm doing and I have to close or move that message. The pop-ups aren't much fun for the TDs, it's a common gripe, but at the same time it's hard to get the system to do what we'd like it to more elegantly.
Next point: If you're the last person on my sub list but won't respond to invites, I can't do an auto-appeal out to the lobby, and all the tables will have to wait for you to decline their invites. It's a never-ending delay.
The solution: I autosub you in. Then I kick you back out. Now hurrah I can do an auto-appeal to the lobby, and here comes the cavalry!
#3
Posted 2004-November-05, 14:06
Ok; now that I see the other side, maybe I can live with a few demerit points
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
Bridge should be fun!
#4
Posted 2004-November-06, 10:01
rigour6, on Nov 6 2004, 04:24 AM, said:
Next point: If you're the last person on my sub list but won't respond to invites, I can't do an auto-appeal out to the lobby, and all the tables will have to wait for you to decline their invites. It's a never-ending delay.
Not correct AFAIK. After 2 rejections or 2 no-responses from some sub next sub or auto-appeal is used.
Posleda
#5
Posted 2004-November-07, 12:22
That's true, yes - it just takes longer however. Sometimes the gap between the non-response and the dump is considerable. Not a criticism - just the way it is.
#6
Posted 2004-November-07, 16:49
rigour6, on Nov 8 2004, 03:22 AM, said:
That's true, yes - it just takes longer however. Sometimes the gap between the non-response and the dump is considerable. Not a criticism - just the way it is.
The size of the "gap" may change according to your wish. The non-response time ends when you click again. Try to click "Sub" quickly three times when only one sub is on the list. Two invitations and lobby-appeal will be send immediately. You may use this when you know the sub will refuse the invitation or to fill the sub list preventively.
Posleda
Page 1 of 1

Help
