Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Visa Gift Cards

#1 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-08, 11:37

I tried to buy BBO$ using a Visa gift card. Apparently, this doesn't work. Why not?

#2 User is offline   macaw 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2012-April-14, 17:06

Occasionally the gift card is not activted properly at the store. This seems to be the main reason why a problem occurs when using a gift card. It requires the store clerk fixing whatever it was they didn't do to activate the card.

The other main problem is just a typographic error on typing the card number or CVV. Double=check the drop down menu for the expiration date matches the front of the card, the card type matches (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex), and that the CVV (security code) are typed correctly. What I like to do so make sure I haven't made a transposition of numbers is to read what I typed out loud to myself from the computer screen, and compare it to my card. I catch transposed numbers that way :)

Karen aka macaw aka Accounting

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-14, 19:11

View Postmacaw, on 2012-April-14, 17:06, said:

Occasionally the gift card is not activted properly at the store. This seems to be the main reason why a problem occurs when using a gift card. It requires the store clerk fixing whatever it was they didn't do to activate the card.

The other main problem is just a typographic error on typing the card number or CVV. Double=check the drop down menu for the expiration date matches the front of the card, the card type matches (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex), and that the CVV (security code) are typed correctly. What I like to do so make sure I haven't made a transposition of numbers is to read what I typed out loud to myself from the computer screen, and compare it to my card. I catch transposed numbers that way :)

Karen aka macaw aka Accounting

I have used the same gift card to make several other purchases, both online and in-store, so the card is properly activated. I tried twice, being very careful to enter all information correctly. I'm sure my lips move when I type the info :-)

Any ideas that don't require incompetence on everyone else's part?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users