Assess the blame for missing a makeable game.
ATB
#1
Posted 2011-December-04, 18:48
Assess the blame for missing a makeable game.
#2
Posted 2011-December-04, 18:56
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#3
Posted 2011-December-04, 19:30
I would bid 3♠ over 1♠ on the North hand. If that doesn't get us to game, then nothing short of 4♠ on the North hand will do. And that would be just too much.
#4
Posted 2011-December-04, 22:04
#5
Posted 2011-December-05, 01:08
Cascade, on 2011-December-04, 18:56, said:
Yes. Unfortunately.
#6
Posted 2011-December-05, 02:41
I think this one is a bit of a miracle. Neither player is going to appreciate how good their heart holding is.
Perhaps north could have done a bit more but south isn't going to bid game.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#7
Posted 2011-December-05, 03:07
#8
Posted 2011-December-05, 03:19
#9
Posted 2011-December-05, 08:06
#10
Posted 2011-December-05, 11:03
Some charge to North. This is a pretty nice hand opposite five (I assume) spades. I'd muster up a 3♠ call I think, although I'm not sure South has enough to go on anyway.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#12
Posted 2011-December-06, 14:59
ahydra
#13
Posted 2011-December-06, 19:20
South should pass and we miss a game.

Help
