Seattle BAM board5
#21
Posted 2011-November-29, 09:48
Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"
#22
Posted 2011-November-29, 09:59
BunnyGo, on 2011-November-29, 09:48, said:
LOL
& thanks, I will pass your congrats on to my partner.
Bridge should be fun!
#23
Posted 2011-November-29, 18:32
1♣ - 3♥ - 3N - 4♥
5♥ - PA - 6♥ - PA
7♣ - PA - 7♦ - PA
7♠ - All Pass
The 1♣ opening was strong and artificial (16+ unbalanced or 17+ balanced). Opener thought that he should've bid 7♥ to offer a clear choice between 7♠/7NT; responder felt he couldn't bid 7NT on the actual auction because he wasn't sure opener's clubs were 100% solid nor that opener's diamond control couldn't be a void (but he would bid 7NT over 7♥). In any case, 7♠ was enough for us to win the board (6♠ at the other table).
I agree that over 2♥, responder should make a negative double. Over 3♥ things become trickier though, because opener is fairly likely to bypass 3NT when he doesn't hold four spades (a heart stop for opener seems rather unlikely, considering).
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit
#24
Posted 2011-November-30, 03:00
whereagles, on 2011-November-29, 08:18, said:
4N - swish?
Bridge should be fun!
#28
Posted 2011-December-05, 16:38
Depending on methods, N/S need to drive to 7NT at BAM, but 7♠ may get a 1/2.
#29
Posted 2011-December-05, 18:30
#30
Posted 2011-December-05, 18:32
whereagles, on 2011-November-29, 08:18, said:
jeffford76, on 2011-December-05, 15:04, said:
I could not risk 4N. Undiscussed, it may have been passed.
Bridge should be fun!
#31
Posted 2011-December-05, 21:58
Cascade, on 2011-November-28, 12:06, said:
unless you can made an exclusion bid - perhaps 6♥
or 5NT is Grand Slam force and your methods can identify one top honour.
We had never had a discussion about such sequences (unsurprisingly), so no idea what 6h would have been.
At our table it went 1♣ - (2 ♥) - X - (5♥). But partner did bid 6♥; I bid 6♠ as I had no idea that he had such a rock-crusher there. He said that once he committed our side to 6♠ and I was looking the ♠A, I should have bid 7♠. That's quite a good point he makes. Isn't it quite possible that the 5♥ bidder may have the ♠Ace and waiting precisely for a bid like 7♠, while 6♥ involves partner ?
#32
Posted 2011-December-06, 15:38
rogerclee, on 2011-December-05, 18:30, said:
I would have bid 6C / 7C. I realized maybe we should be playing in spades, but I figured if I started low there would be enough competition that I might not get to ask at all, and I wanted to get level right.
#33
Posted 2011-December-07, 04:56

Help
