MPs, nobody vul.
♠AKJ10xx
♥J73
♦x
♣AKx
♠x
♥AKQ962
♦Q109xx
♣x
After a (very) bad bidding that started 1♠-2♥-3♣, you end up in a reasonable 6♥ from south, and receive ♣Q lead.
Page 1 of 1
stablish dummy or just cross ruff
#2
Posted 2011-November-21, 18:39
I'd cash one spade in case the queen is singleton, then play a diamond. My plan is to ruff two diamonds in dummy and discard the others, making unless the breaks are horrible. I don't want to cash a second spade early, because RHO may win the diamond and play a third spade.
Setting up the spades doesn't look appealing - it seems to need ♠Q coming down in 3, or trumps 2-2.
Setting up the spades doesn't look appealing - it seems to need ♠Q coming down in 3, or trumps 2-2.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
#3
Posted 2011-November-22, 05:43
This being matchpoints complicates the hand of course. I hate the "HOW GOOD IS THE FIELD" question but it might be relevant in this case, if it's a very weak field then 6 making 6 might be pretty good anyways, otherwise it's pretty normal to be in slam obv.
blogging at http://www.justinlall.com
#4
Posted 2011-November-22, 05:46
I think we have to cash the second spade though at least, if its Qx we are just making 7. True, RHO might win the diamond and play a spade, but aren't we going to have to ruff a spade in our hand eventually anyways? I'm willing to deal with the complication since it's unlikely to cost, RHO might not have the DA, RHO might have a doubleton spade, RHO might have 3 spades anyways in which case if hearts are not 4-0 I'll be alright, etc.
blogging at http://www.justinlall.com
#5
Posted 2011-November-22, 05:49
How about going ace of spades king of spades, if the queen drops then hope hearts arent 4-0. If not, play a spade. If rho shows out, ruff and lead a diamond reverting to ruffing 2 diamonds in dummy and pitching 2 diamonds for making 6.
If RHO follows, ruff high. If 3-3 hope hearts aren't 4-0. If 4-2, gl on 2-2 hearts.
If RHO follows, ruff high. If 3-3 hope hearts aren't 4-0. If 4-2, gl on 2-2 hearts.
blogging at http://www.justinlall.com
#6
Posted 2011-November-23, 02:23
spades 3-3, hearts 2-2, even RHO had ♠Q and ♥10 if you had a problem. 980 was worth only 64% on a local club, I think 40% bid slam, so 1010 would be around 84%
Page 1 of 1

Help
