Scoring is match points. North-South are not particularly good players.
At trick 3 I need to decide who has the Q♠. If it is partner, dummy is dead and I can exit safely with a trump. If declarer has it, I want partner to ruff a spade to kill dummy and establish the defensive book. I surely have a trick coming in a red suit.
I gave declarer too much credit on this hand. I assumed that the contract could be made with imperfect defense, and that declarer would have cashed a second spade if she had no more entries to dummy. I lead a spade and partner's Q fell as declarer discarded a diamond.
Declarer no led the J♠ which partner ruffed and declarer overruffed. Declarer drew my last trump on which my partner discarded the 7♥. Declarer now exited with the K♦. I now see that leading a diamond sets the contract 2 tricks, but I trusted partner's signal and lead a heart.
Down 1 was a tie for top because the contract was rediculous. But I have learned not to give took much credit to this pair's bidding or play.

Help

