BBO Discussion Forums: Forum Created Content in PDF format - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Forum Created Content in PDF format

#1 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2011-September-11, 23:21

Phil suggested that the "defensive play series" be pinned in this forum. Pinning 16 threads (and growing) doesn't seem a workable solution. I had intended to try creating a PDF for the problems anyway, and a lot of significant educational content has gotten lost over the years of posting. So I have created this topic, which I have pinned, and will attached PDF (and possibly other file types) created from "educational content" created for bridge players by Forum members. This first post will describe the nature of the content added, and each post in this thread will have the attached document and a greater description of what is in the document. To keep this thread "clean" it will remain locked. Feel free to start new threads to discuss the contents attached to this thread.

NOTE: The PDF's I create (I will post PDF's by others if their content is appropriate and comes for the forum) do not seem to display correctly using the "preview" function on a Mac. However, it does using Adobe software on a Mac. I have created my PDF's using Bridge Composer, so if anyone knows a solution to the Mac preview problem, private message me.

THREAD CONTENT
  • Defensive Play ONE - TWELVE (12 defensive problems from intermediate to advance skill level)

--Ben--

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2011-September-11, 23:22

The attached PDF contains the first 12 "defensive play #" series in this, the beginner/intermediate forum. The problems have been present, and vetted by the community in the form of not only allowing forum members to comment on the hands, there was a community vote to confirm the appropriateness of each problem. Future such compilations of problems from the forum well be vetted by a community vote for the appropriateness of the problems before being included in the PDF format and posted here.

In addition to the problem and the suggested solution, I have tried to include a little bit of the discussion from forum members, including who solved it first, and additional issues raised in each thread. The format is two questions per page, one answer per page. To keep the content to one page, many replies are not mentioned and in a few cases, solutions or comments are slightly edited (or stuff left out). Links to the 12 problems with full comments are given below.

Defensive Play ONE
Defensive Play TWO
Defensive Play THREE
Defensive Play FOUR Problem rotated so declarer is south in the PDF
Defensive Play FIVE
Defensive Play SIX
Defensive Play SEVEN
Defensive Play EIGHT
Defensive Play NINE
Defensive Play TEN
Defense Play ELEVEN
Defensive Play TWELVE

The poll post where all twelve problems were voted ok for the forum, can be found at this link:
Recap of Defensive Plays one-twelve

NOTE: Does not display properly in preview mode on a Mac. If you have trouble downloading this file, email me at inquiry at bridgebase dot com and tell me you want a copy and I will email it to you.

Attached File(s)

--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users